Neotantra is known to most as Tantric Sex. Anyone who follows P-Diddy on Twitter remembers when he went on a 72-hour tantric sex marathon. We hear about tantra from sexperts, therapists, & sex enthusiasts, but what is it?Tantra is a Sanskrit (ancient Hindu language) word that means to weave energy, specifically Yin (female) and Yang (male) energy, between two lovers. Tantra is a spiritual, sexual science that has many different aspects of spirituality and sexuality included in its broad definition. Investigating tantric sex can be helpful to people who want to learn to manipulate sexual energy and experience greater dimensions of satisfaction during their intimate experiences.
Tantra is based on the principle that the greatest source of energy in the universe is sexual. Tantra can improve intimate communication and enhance a relationship that has lost its sizzle and spice. For women, Tantra can empower and fulfill their sensual needs; for men it can open up a completely new world to intimacy. For couples, it’s an opportunity to create a more meaningful, intimate, and spiritual connection.
The practice of Tantra shows us how to reclaim our sexual intimacy. The ancients believed that sexual intimacy is a form of worshiping and loving each other. Sex is a spiritual act, whether the participants are spiritually aware or not. Tuning in to the spiritual side of intimacy through this most ancient of arts, we discover true erotic joy, expanding mere moments of sexual ecstasy into a lifestyle of erotic bliss. Tantra takes you down a spiritual path to enlightenment through the heightening and prolonging of each intimate act, providing a superior awareness and connectedness that only increases between lovers along the journey.
At a time when the stresses, fears and distractions of daily life threaten so many relationships, the practice of Tantra shows us how to open our hearts and minds to the powerful and supernatural energy harnessed in our sexuality. Tantra is the total surrender of all mental, emotional and cultural conditioning, so that universal life energy flows freely. Tantra not only expands consciousness, it liberates it. It’s about making the sexual experience playful, yet with awareness and a sense of sacredness in every gesture, every sensory perception, and every action.
Ritualized intercourse and sexual meditations are used to awaken your ultimate bliss. For instance, an ideal tantric sexual encounter may begin with a tantric sex massage and conscious sensual touch. Breathing and meditation play an important part in disciplining the body to become aware of the energy produced during sexual excitement. Both partners are intentionally focused and conscious of the rising energy, and pace themselves accordingly to maximize the effect. Intercourse may happen very slowly and carefully thereafter.
Most people engage in orgasm-focused sex, where energy is ignored and the only goal is the eventual release, but Tantra instructs lovers on how to slow down, prolong the experience, control the sexual energy and ultimately feel energized and empowered afterward. Ironically, people get into the habit of rushing toward orgasm, but orgasms are drastically improved by consciously slowing down. Many couples habitually stimulate themselves to the point of orgasm, then withdraw to heighten their endurance, and allow the energy to continually build and collect.
Ancient Egyptians and Indian medicine teaches that sexual orgasm is a cosmic and divine experience. Sex was a spiritual ritual, quite a contrast to the wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am image of sexual activity that exists today. The art of prolonging the bliss seems foreign in a microwave culture where men are praised for carelessly switching partners for meaningless, minute-long encounters. The study of Tantra takes us back to the roots of sex and spirituality, reminding us that sex is an act of not just the body, but also the mind and the soul.
The Karma Sutra, a popular Sanskrit sex manual, describes the increased ecstasy that couples can experience through tantra; when a man pleasures his partner by prolonging intercourse and becoming suspended in his state of climax without actually ejaculating. Instead of having one huge orgasm, he has many small ones without ejaculating. This can be achieved through controlling the breath, meditation, and by using finger pressure.
Even if you have a great sex life and a balanced libido, free tantric sex tips can help you to enjoy even greater pleasure. They can also help those who have sexual issues to overcome. Manipulating the sexual energy of your body through the use of meditation, deep breathing and other tantric techniques can help heal past wounds and free you to enjoy a healthy sex life.
Here are some tips for bonding with your lover and reinvigorating your sex life through the magic of tantra.
• Sit opposite each other, very close, as if you were about to kiss. As one of you breathes out, the other breathes in, so you inhale each other’s breath.
• Have one partner lie down comfortably and blindfolded, and the other partner gently stimulates the skin with a feather. Don’t go straight for the genitals but don’t avoid them either. In Tantra, the whole body is a powerful sexual organ.
• Try Yoga for Lovers. This is a great way to do your favorite yoga postures, while enjoying intimacy and sensuality with your partner.
• Try the Shakti dance. Put on some music and let your body just go where it wants. Feel free, don’t go with the beat of the music, and go with what is happening in your body. Really move your hips and your face and arms. Let your mouth drop open and allow sound come out of it. You can do this alone or with your partner. While the whole body is moving freely and ecstatically, the feet stay firmly on the ground so that you can feel that the life energy you generate radiates through your body.
• Prolong your sexual encounter by making sure you caress every part of your partner before focusing attention on the genital area. Stroke and caress your partner’s head, back, arms, legs and their feet. Ask them what you can do or say to make them feel nurtured and loved.
• The ears are a secret erogenous zone. Gently massage your lover’s ears with your fingertips, working your way down the outer fold. You can use your finger, tongue, or a mixture of both.
• Slip berries or a piece of mango back and forth between your mouths is one of the greatest free tantric sex tips. Immediate intimacy and sensuality are the result of this trick.
• Give your lover’s genitals a massage in the way you would massage other parts of their body. It is often easy to just get someone off. Really, take the time to caress and nurture their genitals in a loving way.
Interested in engaging in tantric sex with your loved one? Research the subject to find out what techniques, tips, classes, literature or bedroom toys would best compliment your sex life. Then talk to your partner about Tantra. As you begin the spiritual and sexual journey with your loved one, remember that confidence is key. Never do anything to make your partner feel pressured or uncomfortable. The key to Tantra is pacing. Pace yourself and enjoy a lifetime of bliss with your partner.